Register for “Work the Gears Through the Years,” the 55th Michigan Square & Round Dance Convention, by January 1, 2017, to get the best deal! New this year, take special care of your one-and-only ribbon; it is your ticket into the Convention. Your purchase of a Convention t-shirt helps support and advertise the Convention!
Join us on August 17 (Trail End Dance), 18 and 19, 2017 for the 55th Annual State Convention. We'll be at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Detroit - Dearborn, 5801 Southfield Expressway, Detroit MI 48228. Phone: 313-336-3340, Web: www.Dearborn.DoubleTree.com
If you're a history buff, you can find information on past conventions here.
• Thursday Night August 17, 7:00-10:00 p.m. Trail End Dance: Don’t miss this special dance with Featured Caller, Tom Davis of Ohio and Featured Cuers, Phyllis & Doug Burdette from Ohio. Free admission with your “Work the Gears Through the Years” ribbon. $10.00 admission per person if you are not registered for the 2017 Michigan Square and Round Dance Convention.
Our featured caller and cuers will be with us all weekend!
Friday and Saturday-10:00 am till 10:00 pm
Friday and Saturday After Parties
10:00 pm till 11:00 pm
• Friday: Caller's Seminar; Sewing Seminar; Retro Squares; Duck Dangle After Party, Mystery Flash Mob, Fashion Show
• Saturday: Competition Squares (with prizes for the first ($300), second ($200), & third ($100) place teams!), Square Dance Games, High Energy After Party
ALL DANCE FLOORS ARE WOOD THIS YEAR!
5 Halls of DANCING ...
• Main Dance Hall: Plus, High Energy Plus, Hex, Ph. II Rounds each hour Friday and Saturday evenings, Competition Squares, Hot Hash and Duets
• Great Room (Lobby): High Energy Mainstream, Plus, Easy Rounds, Lines, Traditional, Hot Hash and Duets
• Advanced/C1 Hall
• DBD, Phase II Rounds
• Round Dance Hall: Phase III-V, Showcase Teaches
• Theme baskets have always been a highlight of our State Convention. This year’s format will be a combination Silent Auction and Raffle. All clubs, as well as individuals, are invited to create and donate a basket. Associations are encouraged to donate a basket with free dance passes for every club that is a member of their association. Please submit this form by August 1, 2017. Proceeds will be used toward the cost of wood dance floors in all halls for the convention.
Thursday: Trail-In Dance 7:00-10:00 p.m. (casual attire acceptable)
Get your advanced tickets early (before January 1, 2017) for the weekend package at an exceptional value of only $25 per person. At the door, weekend ticket package cost is only $35 per person. Youth under the age of 18 years may attend for free.
Please download and complete the Convention Info and Registration Form, write a check payable to MCSRDC and mail your registration form and check to: Vickie Stewart & Dan Harris, Registration Chair, 404 S Ottawa St, St Johns, MI, 48879. If you have any questions, just drop an email to email@example.com.
|Chili's||11am-12am||5707 Southfield Fwy, Detroit||(313) 271-2339|
|Red Robin||11am-12am||18650 Ford Rd, Dearborn||(313) 996-8910|
|Wendy’s||9:30AM-2:00AM||18430 Ford Rd, Detroit||(313) 593-4449|